Elite Scholars of China (ESC) is looking for an Intern to join our team. ESC helps China’s most motivated students gain admission to and succeed at America’s best colleges.
As an Intern at ESC, you will serve an important role in helping an organization continue to deliver exceptional service to top high school students who are navigating through the American college application process. Responsibilities may include:
- Working 1-on-1 with ESC students on various aspects of the application process
- Teaching students to research colleges and critically evaluate their educational options
- Assisting with cultural activities and workshops to help students prepare for life in America
- Helping to plan and execute marketing and special events
- Research projects, including data entry and analysis
- Additional tasks as needed to support ESC students and staff
- Current enrollment in or recent graduation from a top college or university
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Able to work well in a cross-cultural environment
- Warm personality and ability to connect with high school students
- Facility in Mandarin Chinese is a plus, but not required
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Excited about a dynamic work environment with fun colleagues
A cost of living stipend of 3,000 USD is provided in two installments over the duration of the program. However, we encourage interested applicants to apply for any relevant grants through their university’s career resource center.
Who We Are
Elite Scholars of China (ESC) is the premier education consulting company in China and aims to educate China’s top high school students about their undergraduate options in the United States. ESC offers high-quality college-counseling services, US college tours and educational workshops to China’s academically accomplished high school students.
ESC students have been admitted to every top American college and university, such as: Amherst, Brown, Caltech, Carleton, Colby, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Duke, Emory, Harvard, Haverford, Middlebury, Northwestern, Penn, Princeton, Pomona, Stanford, Tufts, UChicago, UC Berkeley, Vassar, Wellesley, Wesleyan, Williams and Yale.
ESC was co-founded in 2010 and is managed by Stacy Palestrant (BA, Wellesley & MBA, University of Chicago Booth) and Tomer Rothschild (BA, Wesleyan & MBA, University of Pennsylvania Wharton).
Why You Will Love Beijing
ESC is headquartered in the Chaoyang District of Beijing, China. We are located next door to the embassies of the United States of America, Slovenia, Trinidad and Tobago, Panama, and South Korea, and more! We are also within walking distance to the beautiful Liangmaqiao canal and Chaoyang Park, five subway stops away from the city’s buzzing central business district, and a 10-minute drive to Sanlitun, the city’s most popular shopping, dining, and entertainment area. Within a 10-minute walk from ESC you can sip a latte at one of four Starbucks, savor amazing dumplings, or indulge in Beijing’s best pizza, and later work out in a gym or yoga studio.
There are a lot of perks to living in an international hub like Beijing! Our team members take advantage of opportunities to attend literary and art festivals and multicultural forums, join ultimate teams or run in 5K’s and, of course, hike the Great Wall!
Our application period is from September 1st, 2019 through April 30th, 2020. We usually have a high volume of candidates who apply for a limited number of spaces. Due to the selectivity of the position, early application is encouraged.
Please send your cover letter, resume (GPA included) and transcript through your school’s career portal, such as Handshake; OR, send your materials and questions to our Recruitment Director at: email@example.com